Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sri Ganganagar Life




2:25pm, Friday Afternoon. Long weekend is coming.

I am Consuming Lindt white chocolate at my desk in Sarkari Daftar in one of the coldest regions of the World. People call it Mini Punjab, there is no shak about it. Got nothing much to do and was reading one of the blogs of fellow, and remembered my childhood memories. Yesterday I was at Orkut and I have some old childhood friends there, this white chocolate is like Indian sweet Peda. Time goes by really fast, and life changes from time to time. Priorities also change with the time, and slowly from immature to mature a person becomes. Look at my friend Tarun Sardana. I think he started with in Central Academy and studied with me all the way till B.Com. in 2002 I came to Canada, and he was there doing B.com. I remember those days Tarun when we used to do night studies, and most of the nights we just used to talk about girls and our other friends. Watch movies at night. Early morning we used to go for our Yoga session, or Thapki sessions. All my friends know that right. We used to enjoy kite flying. Gedy (rounds) to Durga Mandir, other areas and H Block, and so many other Blocks. It didn’t matter whether it was summer or winter we were on the roads, or doing something. We used to make so many plans and never used to work on them. Every night in exam period we used to promise that we will study tonight but we never. Lol.

We used to go to eat Kulchey choley at Pandit ji’s shop. Now I am just trying to recollect my memories. I had so many friends in my school and college time. I remember Manish Aseeja, he used to be called Chota Bobby Bhaiya in our Tiny Tots School as he was Bobby’s desired student. I remember how he used to show everyone that he was like a leader, in realty he was aggressive person, and I think he has the potential to be a leader. Manish you must hunt your future in Leadership and politics. Than there was Sharad Wadhwa, he used to live close to Hanuman Mandir and I don’t remember which block. He was a nice guy, and there were 2 other guys who were their best friends, I don’t remember their names. Rishab was one of my other good friends in college and khalsa school time. We used to go eat choley samosa in front of SGNR collector office. We used to ride cycles, later one we started using scooter and my bike. Yeah me and tarun used to do the bike pool alternate days. Than there was Gaurav Dadich, he was one of he sharp ones. I must accept that being in his company I learned some good jokes and he always motivated me to study at night. I remember when we were in 10th grade, in exam days he used to come to my home for night study, and I used to sleep and he used to study. I used to ask him to wake me up early morning, and he used to wake me up but I again go to sleep. I was lazy and thanks Tarun for that. Lol. Now I believe he is a Doctor, speaks good Punjabi.

There was Manoj Soni, he was a nice guy but again a droll one. I knew his cousin, and they were all my good friends. Now as per Orkut Manoj is in Delhi and don’t know what he is up to these days. Gaurav was trained by me in one of the Special early morning Therapies. Later on Manoj also joined us. It was a group activity and we all used to enjoy it a lot. It lasted only for couple of years, and I believe we stopped it in 11th grade. Due to 58% in 10th grade I could not get an admission in GHP school and I had to come to Khalsa school. There I met all new people. Bhatia’s, Amrinder Gill, Rajwinder, the Amit Rajpal, there were so many of them. We enjoyed a lot in khalsa school and were scared of DON.( the dean of the school).

I was the topper in 11th grade in my school. I got a shock when I didn’t get admission in 10th grade. It was my mistake that I didn’t study. It was first batch of my school in board’s exam for 10th grade and they were experimenting on us. I think the maximum grade in our class was 68%.There is Lots of time to enjoy life and dad’s money to spend, that’s what most of the students do in India. Here life is different once you are 16, you are out earning your money. Soon you are 18-19 you are out earning your living. I am straining too much to remember more things from childhood. Now I would request all my friends to share their childhood memories. So that I can compile a good blog for my website.

There are so many names that come to my mind and disappear, there were so many friends, like Vijay Rana, who is in Dubai these days. Sameer Goyal, I remember his cousin’s marriage that me and some other friends went on. We enjoyed a lot. Most of the times my mom never let me stay outside for long time. Sometimes I used to get a chance and I used to enjoy it the most. I remember Tarun, Gaurav and Manoj, we all enjoyed that party a lot. I also remember Tarun’s bhai’s marriage. Late night dinner and bhangra till 3 am. Gaurav’s bhai’s marriage I remember I went with Sameer to some other city and it was hot.

I remember Manoj’s brother’s marriage and we enjoyed that one too. Life was fun at that time. Life in India is very different than in Canada. oh I remember one more name Vishwaas. He used to be jolly guy, very much outgoing. Medical store I believe he is still running the business. I would like to meet him one day. Remember another name Pushpinder Dheer. He was a nice guy. We used to tease him a lot. I don’t know where he is now. His brother was doing Doctorate.

I have not forgotten Rocky Khanna. In this episode I am talking about my school friends, but Rocky was one of my best neighborhood friends, with whom I have shared most of my secrets and he did the same. Now he is married and has a kid, running family business in Jalandhar.

Yeah I remember in college Manish used to have Nokia 3310 model one of the first models. And he used to play weird ring tones in the class in our Economics class. it's consuming lots of time to write and remember this thing. I wish I had time to remember everything and write everything. There’s going to be lot of things and topics to write about.

Now again if I am missing some information or has written anything which you don’t like please let me know. I am going to publish this on my blog.
You can see my pictures at www.flickr.com/sunpreet28 and read my blog at http://myindiatrips.blogspot.com/

Please send in your comments and add more info if you like.

Thanks,

Sunpreet Sunny

No comments: