Thursday, August 14, 2008

Life in India


August 14th, 2005 EST.
In India its 15 August when
India gained independence from British rule.
time has changed now there are lots of Indians in different parts of the world.
Its Thursday and i got off from work at 4:25 pm and walked to Extreme Fitness Club. Paying them $80/month.
Finished work out at 6:30 and took subway from Sherpard Subway Station to Bloor. it takes 20 minutes. closed my eyes and listening to my Ipod Jazzy B songs. Remebering years i spend in India. remembering how the culture is different here, people are different, its so multicultural here. people from different parts of the world, no one bugs anybody else. everyone is into themselves. in india while travelling in metro in new delhi. people stare at each other and notice what the other person is doing or what he has. some are playing with cell phones. almost 90% are listening to Radio. free music. and some others have the "Chaniyaan-Chaniyaan" cell phone. i mean the fake ones. Life is india is more entertaining. one can never get bored in india. people wear colorful dresses red, yellow, saries, suits and blue green, and than bindi and so many other things. guys will have sanjay dutt style and different kinds of hair styles. its awwsome. here people only wear black and white. and i believe that's how they live their life. they are more black and white, indian people are more colorful.

changed subway from Young station to Islington another 20 minutes and from Islington station i take mississauga transit bus another 30 minutes and finally after walking for 10 minutes i m home. it almost takes 1.5 hrs.
i am used to this kind of routine now.

now i m in my room after having dinner and its now 9:11 pm and trying to recollect memories from past. I remember my days in central academy where i met Rajat Malhotra. me him and tarun used to play and i had other friends like gaurave and manoj, and lomas, and sameer, and ashwani and manish and vinay and couple more. there was a girl name anisha doda. sonia some otherones i probably have the picture. i think you can find yourself in these pictures. i used to go to the principle's home for tuitions. she was from Kashmir. we had this vice principle i don't remember his name but he used to chew tobacco and had some kind of allergy on his skin. his brother's name was dinesh sir. the guy in the blue. I can remember reema bajaj. there were so many of them that i can't recall, yeah there was this guy sachin, harsh jain. The school was in a very small building which was really old and almost ready to fall.
I remember the name now Mishra sir. is it?
I don't have a picture of Tiny tots school, if someone has it please post. I was not very intelligent student. i was into kite flying business. i mean i used to enjoy other things rather than studying. i used to fly kite all the time and play.
in Tiny tots i remember lots of people, Manish Aseeja, Tarun Sharad Reema Rupina and i don't remember other names yeah Pushpinder, was he in Tiny Tots or i met him in Khalsa. i don't remember.
I also remember my trips to New Delhi.
I remember I ate choley kulche from one of the railway stations which reminded me of my childhood when I used to eat bread pakora and choley bhaturey at batinda station when i used to come to Delhi . I always traveled in 2nd class. Last time when I came to India I traveled in A.C. chair car for the first time while going from Delhi to sgnr and vice versa. That was a new thing for me which I experienced for the first time in my life in India. I remember in summer we used to go to Delhi for vacations with family.

Dad used to get the seats and we used to sit in 2nd class it was a nice experience people sit together and talk and eat and stare at each other. Now India has changed people travel in air planes and in A.C. coaches. I always used to wonder how people feel while traveling in A.C. my relative used to come in A.C. coach and I used to go to receive them at sgnr railway stations. In summer time in 2nd class coach with open windows and warm air coming on your face. You will feel hot and humid. Although the windows were open but you get warm air LOO hitting on your face. I used to complain to my brother why you always take us in this hot coach. The ticket price at that time was around Rs. 100 -150 for regular one. He used to show me the third class with wooden seats and used to say that people do travel in this coach and they are satisfied. As a kid I was very curious so I used to ask him why to look at 3rd class, look at 1st class.

I used to argue a lot. I think most kids are curious when they are small, they don’t realize that one day they will go through same position, they will be more responsible. Anyway I was traveling every year from sgnr to Delhi . Year after year every year. I remember the villages and points of interest on my way to Delhi . I remember there was a well in one of the villages in Haryana.I still remember the green fields. People sitting on the edge of railways tracks in the morning to poo. That was one of the funniest things that would make anyone laugh. At that time I didn’t have a camera otherwise I would have taken some random pictures.

Yesterday I was on orkut and got a scrap from Rajat Malhotra stating that I never mentioned his name while writing my last blog. So I promised him that more blog is coming. I won’t be able to recall everything and write everything at once. So I will try to recall some incidents with my other friends and will mention in the coming blogs.

I AM mentioning my memories from past because someone has asked me while booking the tickets in India whether I want the 1st or 2nd class or the A.C. chair car will be fine for me. Although I am living in Canada a very good life without any problems. Touch wood.

But I want to let you know dear that I will travel in any class, I am still the same sunny. i don't have any "Nakhrey".


No comments: