Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Home, My Birth Place in Sri Ganganagar


DSCN7152
Originally uploaded by sunpreet28
A Place in the deserts of Rajasthan where I was born “20 +” years ago in the humid afternoon. A son with the name of sun was born for another addition to the family of 4. I lived there for 20 years of my life and there’s a lot that happened from my childhood to my adulthood. I went through so many changes. I went to seventh day Adventist school like my bro and sis and could not cope with the heavy duty studies in grade 2 and had to fail the class. It was too much for me I didn’t have time for that amount of studying hours as I was busy having masti. I was busy with my toys and playing at home with friends. I was very wayward boy. Always had to bug my mom, and for going that I used to get lots of whipping from her. Days have passed and I was taking tuition from one of a “CHING FUNGLI” teacher. He used to use that work just to make us laugh, so here is his name “CHING FUNGLI”. I have no clue what does it mean but at that point in time we all used to say it to each other. So he pulled me out of the SDA School and put me in Central Academy starting from grade 2. He was a teacher there, and managed to get me into the next grade. I used to play cricket in my front yard. There were several neighborhood friends. Some of them are married and I guess I am the last one to get married.
I grew up and graduated from grade 8th from Central Academy School and went to Tiny Tots with my other school friends. Some of them are now doctor and engineers and IT professionals in different parts of India. I still converse with them on Orkut. At that age we all were happy till we got into 10 grade and I was still too mast to study. Always flying kites and playing with friends and looking at some seasonal neighbors. At that time wrestling was very famous so I used to play wrestling with my neighborhood friends, and other kids. It was 10th grade at my school, and we were the first batch of the school. It looked liked someone is experimenting on us. Teachers had no idea what they were teaching and we knew that we won’t do good in exams for sure. We tried other teachers to give us tuitions, but they said no. everyone wants bright students, we were bright but only in color not in studies.
Didn’t do well man, it was winter morning all fogy and we used to go out for tuitions on bi-cycle. Those days were hard and too much stress. I still don’t get It why the life is so different in India than Canada. Here we have no board exam for 10 and 12. No tension, students just enjoy their school life. We used to go for match tuitions to Mr. Rampal’s house. And of course there was this famous Bobby bhaiya i.e. son of the principle, and he used to run the school. No one ever got a chance to know how much educated he is but he always tried to speak English.
Life changes and than you start to forget the old time. I had so much to share and so much to write that it will take me days to finish each and everything that is in my mind. I will try and recall the highlights and will jolt them down.

No comments: