Monday, June 23, 2008

Delhi Metro


Delhi Metro, originally uploaded by Velachery Balu.

I came to new Delhi in March of 2008. I stayed at Dwarka Sect. 10 and used to take metro from sect. 11 or 10 and go to different stations. I am from Toronto Canada and we also have underground railway system called subway.
Metro in Delhi is a new concept for Delhi people, and it's really good and convenient for most of the people going to CP. I had the same dam problems every time I board the METRO. In the morning when I went to the station, the police guy will not do anything, just look at my clothes and say go. I don’t understand what kind of security is that. Secondly when I board the metro it used to be empty at sect. 10 or 11. after dwarka Mor station it starts to get full. Same as the blogger I used to notice that on a seat of 7 people sometimes there are 10 passenger. I mean I used to tell my friend what the heck. I mean if there are all the seat occupied than some lady or some guy will come and without even any request they will just push you on side and sit. Oh god people are so rude. I always had to stand. Here in Toronto, first of all people don’t even think of sitting 3 people on a seat of 2. secondly the ladies and old sometimes neglect to sit. Usually people as a matter of courtesy ask them and they say no. ladies think that they are equal to a man so they don’t sit. It is understood and people don’t say a word. In Delhi metro I have noticed that people just don’t know or it's different they love each other so much that they sit together, I have also seen people sitting on the floor, I remember seeing people like that in local or 3rd class or any railway in India. Most importantly the platforms are big but have you ever noticed the size of the metro train, it only has like 3-4 bogies. They should increase the number to accommodate the people. It was hot outside and the AC in the metro was at full. It was throwing cold air on your head and when you go out or come inside from 35 degree and cold air is coming on your head there are chances that you will get sick. Oh from janak puri onwards there are so many people that you can’t even move your hand to listen to your phone. Oh man I must show you the picture how bad it is. Everyone is touching each other and you can smell the whole India in one train. People from different parts have different kinds of smells. It's good that it's economical so that everyone can afford it. I always cursed them and appreciated that they have kept is nice and clean. When you get to rajiv chownk it's so much crowded and people are so stupid that they don’t let the people inside the metro to come out and they start pushing them in. that is the point when you have to save your belongings.
Some people were so intelligent they used to keep their eyes closed and used to pretend that they didn’t know anything and never used to move. I just enjoyed traveling in Delhi Metro.
Another most important thing is that announcing lady voice. Oh it's so annoying and it keeps on yelling words and never stops. It is too loud that it irritates you. Almost 101% of Indian people listen to radio from their cell phones, some of them have the “Chaiya-Chaiya” cell phones, (fake ones). I really used to tell me friend how different it is from a developed country. You know how much we pay for one side fare, $2.75 one side almost Rs. 100. in India going from Dwarka Sect. 10 to Rajiv Chownk is Rs. 17-22 depending on your method( cash or Metro Pass).
It is weired I must say but you know what it is India, and they love it and I love it too. I figured out that there is no point sitting their for 2 minutes and than someone will come and push you. Haha so I started to stand from the very first station.

No comments: